The song is based on the folk Kurpie song for choirs lead by the composer. It is an artistic arrangement of three folk songs from the collection of father Władysław Skierkowski titled Puszcza Kurpiowska w pieśni and published by Towarzystwo Naukowe Płockie in Płock in 1928. The internal structure of A-B-A-C-A’ and homophonic texture is simple.
Composer draws on the the folk theme introduces his own melodic content. The piece is aimed at amateur choirs. In 1990 it was incorporates by the composer into a series 4 Wedding Kurpie Songs – for 4 voice men’s choir.